Many moons ago I found myself debating "slips of the tongue" here on the Ploos.

Many moons ago I found myself debating "slips of the tongue" here on the Ploos. It was during the 2012 election cycle when Mitt Romney said something that was merely a simple mistake any of us could make any day of the week. But, the liberals were up in arms, many citing how this simple mistake disqualified him from being president.

"Needless to say, there's a huge difference between an isolated slip of the tongue and ceaseless, shameless, and witless prevarication on virtually all topics, large and small," Conway responded.

More recently, I was having a discussion about slips of the tongue and the person I was speaking with reiterated that sentiment: politicians should be perfect and not make mistakes.

This is absurd. No human is perfect and if we expect perfection from any class of people we only push them to be more reclusive while handing out talking points pre-approved by the public affairs committee.

We should indeed hold elected officials to a high standard, but not an impossible one.
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406885-george-conway-rips-trump-over-tweet-about-obama-2008-gaffe

Comments

David Gross said…
did you say tongue? I like it on rye with mustard..

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.