Alright, another one to stump all you guys who are smarter than me.

Alright, another one to stump all you guys who are smarter than me. This one is about Android and ES File Explorer (Pro).

Recently I manually moved a bunch of files from an app (.WAV files, if you must know) to the "Documents" folder on my Android. When I went to the folder via the ES File Explorer app to look for those files, they were all there: SD=>Documents. Easy-peasy, right?

Then I plugged my Android into my Windows10 computer, chose the files transfer setting and went to look for my files in the SD=>Documents folder. Guess what wasn't there? You're right! My files.

I finally found a workaround by selecting them all in ES File Explorer and dropping them into the main SD card folder instead of "Documents", but now one file still shows as in the main SD card folder while not showing on my Win10 computer in Windows Explorer. It also will not allow me to "share" the file to another location, citing the ".wav" file is a forbidden filetype. I'll admit, maybe the file is too large, but forbidden?

Any idea why simple .wav files wouldn't show up on my desktop but they're visible in the proper folder using an Android files explorer?

Comments

Jason ON said…
Basically, I'm trying to remove files from my Android so I can perform a factory reset without losing (too much) anything. I'm certain there are somethings I will overlook, but I'm trying to preserve as much as I can.
J v S said…
Ist the Droid set to MTP or mass storage mode? PTP doesn´t work for anything but pictures.
You can try Airdroid or Portal py Pushbullet if Windows itself doesn´t work with Android.
Robert DeNegro will know if he ever gets on here.
Chris Yoder said…
Did you get this solved?
Jason ON said…
Chris Yoder yes. Sort of. I had to share the files to any other folder on the Android. In this case I first tried "Documents" then "Music" since they were .wav files. Although they never showed in Win10 File Explorer they were indeed very clearly in the appropriate places in ES File Explorer.

So weird, but I learned by accident that if I used ES File Explorer to then move the files from one folder to another, they suddenly become visible in Win10 Explorer exactly where I moved them to.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.