I would argue this is probably true.

I would argue this is probably true. It is still more socially acceptable for a woman to hit a man than it is for a man to, well, do just about anything.

Students were asked if they had been purposefully hit, slapped or physically hurt by a boyfriend or girlfriend in the past year. In all three of the surveys, boys reported higher rates of dating victimization than girls. For instance in 2013, one in 14 boys reported dating victimization compared to one in 25 girls.

It could be that boys have been taught not to physically lash out against a dating partner, whereas it is still more socially acceptable for adolescent girls to hit or slap boys in dating relationships.

Source: https://theconversation.com/more-boys-hurt-by-dating-violence-than-girls-102829

via Mark Rushing

Comments

Jason ON said…
And .. apparently I forgot the link.
Stephen Dickson said…
Interesting but not even a little surprising.

Steve Johnson said…
I suppose in today's age, where even playful hitting and touching is considered violence and rape, certainly boys are more often victims than girls, and likely at the hands of other boys
Stephen Dickson said…
Steve Johnson dunno. I was attacked by women twice in the last year or so, not dating but other circumstances and neither got hit by me even though if it had been a male it would have been all on.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.