An excellent read if you take the time and it will take you some time.

An excellent read if you take the time and it will take you some time. This story has politics, arrogance, corruption, prison and enlightenment. It really is a good read.

His melancholy soon turns to outrage. “There’s no rehabilitation happening in there. There’s no teaching, there’s no training,” he says. Worse, Sorenson adds, were the atrocious conditions: expired food, foul bathrooms, decrepit living quarters. Finally, there’s the underlying sickness plaguing the Bureau of Prisons, race relations—specifically, the entrenched, systemic approach of facilitating and fueling ethnic rivalries in service of the accepted notion that a divided community of inmates is incapable of uniting in the pursuit of a more humane environment.
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/21/kent-sorenson-was-a-tea-party-hero-then-he-lost-everything-220522

Comments

Sam Moore said…
I know this guy personally. I can't say I did drugs with him, but I bought drugs from the same guy he did at one time.
I lived in Indianola, Iowa.When he first ran, he stopped at our house to gain support. He came in and we talked for a bit. We asked him about gay marriage (big issue at the time) he started some shit about his daughters safety from gays(adoption) and we kicked him out on his ass.
Also knew him from his cleaning company that hired ONLY illegal immigrants. Which he treated like shit and underpaid.

Every so often I hit him up on social media to poke the bear.
Jason ON said…
That's where the "enlightenment" part comes in. He recognized his naivete and ignorance and grew as a person because of that growth.
Sam Moore said…
LMAO, yeah right.
He still would be devastated if one of his six five kids was gay.
He's a fucking idiot.
It takes personal experience for him to learn and he's still not able to have empathy without being directly involved.
Jason ON said…
Well, some people are driven to be involved while others are content to bitch and moan on the Internet.
Sam Moore said…
You feel sorry for that dip shit.

Kent is full of shit. Helping people? He helped no one while political active and he's gonna help himself now that he's out of prison. Don't go being overly credulous thinking he's gonna save all the people in prison.

He even denounces his political life, and you wanna act like he's helping people while I just run my fingers on the internet.
Christ, you disappoint me daily.
Jason ON said…
Sam Moore Where did I say I feel sorry for him? I said some people take action and some people don't. He says he's wanting to take action and time will tell if he does, but until then there's no reason to believe he won't. Believe it or not, there are life changing events a person can go through and prison is one of them.

You seem to be carrying built-in animosity and am unwilling to accept that people can change. Since I typically believe in the best in people, I'll give the man the benefit of the doubt.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.