A couple of weeks ago I drove up to Ft.

A couple of weeks ago I drove up to Ft. Collins and photographed a race for an ad agency. It was my fist photography paying gig and was a giant pain in the butt. The kids running the ad agency didn't seem to know what they were doing, but we persevered.

Just a minute ago I ran across a woman wearing a t-shirt from that race. I stopped and asked her if it was from this year (it's second annual) or the previous year. She said this year. So I told her I was one of the photographers.

That, I can honestly say, was a first for me.

No, we weren't allowed to keep any of the photos. They gave us SD cards and collected them at the end.

Comments

David Amerland said…
Yet, a first and it is always gratifying! Congratulations!
Jason ON said…
A couple of cell phone photos from that day, before the races began and I was just walking around:
plus.google.com - At CSU in Ft. Collins to shoot the Fortitude10k race. Woke at 4:00 to get her...
Steve Johnson said…
Congrats, no better feeling than seeing your work in real life.
Stephen Dickson said…
Done a few but no more.
Still a cool learning curve.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.