I could go through and write a rebuttal of this essay but I don't have the motivation at the moment.

I could go through and write a rebuttal of this essay but I don't have the motivation at the moment. Let's sum it up in a TL;DR short reply:

Luke is a Jedi. The Force allows him to see the future, read the hearts of sentient beings and the ability to handle any awkward situations as they arise. Going to the Sarlacc Pit probably wasn't in his "plan" but getting Lando a trusted job on the inside; Leia a free-roaming position on the inside; C3PO and (more importantly) Artoo a role on the inside means the player-characters were all set up.

What's the idiom, 'a plan is only as good as it is until first contact'?

Perhaps Lando already tried to free Han and was unable to, not knowingly he was still encased in carbonite. Then Leia moves in and is also thwarted. Then the big gun: Jedi.
https://uproxx.com/movies/what-was-lukes-plan-star-wars-return-of-the-jedi/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.