FWIW, I had an excellent call with Seagate customer service yesterday.


FWIW, I had an excellent call with Seagate customer service yesterday.

Seagate has discontinued as NAS service I was using to backup photos and as compensation they sent me a "free" 2TB external HDD. Well, the drive never worked. I plugged it in and Windows immediately told me there was a problem so I downloaded the Seagate self-diagnosis tools and the drive failed immediately.

Running out of Warranty time I decided to call Seagate because the self-diagnosis tools gave me a different serial and model number than was stamped on the drive itself and the registration confirmation email I had received from Seagate had yet another serial and part number.

The rep I got (Marcos) was extremely helpful and although I was wrong about the warranty's expiration date (I was just three days past the deadline) he honored it anyway.

Anywho, I'm just passing along the good word.

And here's #Rufus for no apparent reason.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.