As a US Army veteran who shot the M16A2 it saddens me that so many lives were lost because of bureaucratic...

As a US Army veteran who shot the M16A2 it saddens me that so many lives were lost because of bureaucratic gane-playing and, quite possibly, negligence on the part of senior Army officials.

If you have a chance to read this article (it's long) about the AR-15 and it's transformation into the M16 I highly encourage doing so.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/1981/06/m-16-a-bureaucratic-horror-story/545153/

Comments

Robert Hansen said…
There are some a few errors in it. No mention of the AR-10, nor is there any talk about Jim Sullivan and Bob Fremont, Stoner's students/protégés who actually designed the AR-15. It says the AR-15 uses stamped metal; it uses few stampings. It says the stock was made of plastic: original AR-15 stocks were fiberglass. A couple of minor timeline errors. But all in all, this is astonishingly good firearms history!

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.