Apparently I would do well in the Netherlands.

Apparently I would do well in the Netherlands. This is exactly how I conduct my life. Many Americans consider me an asshole because I don't take their emotions I to account first, but let's be real, they're you're emotions. No one else can control them but you.

Originally shared by Tessa Schlesinger

QUOTE: But in the Netherlands, there is “the sense that people have the right to say whatever they want and be as direct as they want. And if other people don’t like that, it’s their fault for getting offended.”

QUOTE: “Others may think that we don’t have empathy. And maybe that is so because we think truthfulness goes before empathy,” explained Eleonore Breukel, an interculturalist who trains people to communicate better in multicultural environments.
http://www.bbc.com/travel/story/20180131-where-dutch-directness-comes-from

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.