Do you consider yourself self-aware?

Do you consider yourself self-aware? I believe I'm fairly aware of my self, my ego and my flaws, but even knowing my own flaws I have to wonder if I'm missing something? But, I've accepted myself for who I am (most of the time) and while I'm fairly happy with who I am, I've noticed a lot of people aren't. Maybe it's because I'm not empathic enough - and I'm fine with it.

But no, that’s not the point. Self-awareness is wasted if it does not result in self-acceptance. The research bears this out, too: self-awareness doesn’t make everyone happier, it makes some people more miserable. Because if great self-awareness is coupled with self-judgment, then you’re merely becoming more aware of all the ways you deserve to be judged.
https://qz.com/1281763/the-three-levels-of-self-awareness/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.