Yesterday was my birthday.

Yesterday was my birthday. I had plans to spend the morning on a motorcycle ride with my friends, but the (threat of) weather didn't cooperate and we canceled the ride. Because the ride was cancelled I had an entire day I didn't plan for and I did almost nothing for the day.

How bad was it? Even my mom sent me a text message saying they were celebrating my niece's birthday (she's May 6) and therefore she couldn't find the time to call me for mine. A call from my brother who's daughter they were having a birthday party for and a text message from another, leaving 1 brother and two sisters who couldn't be bothered to reach out.

A few other friends reached out to me throughout the day, but yeah ... this might have been my most depressing birthday in a long time.

I'm sure there are plenty of "Please Press This Button to Wish Your Friends a Happy Birthday" messages on FB, but who really goes over there?

Then, later a friend took me to Benihana's, which was nice. I hadn't been in years. Ironically, we sat at the same table as the last time I was there with other friends.

Today ... nothing. I haven't even been outside yet.



Comments

Andreas Katifes said…
Happy belated birthday Jason!
Jack Carlson said…
(Better late than never) Happy Birthday, Jason!

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.