I'm not a fan of professional sports and never have been, to include the NFL.

I'm not a fan of professional sports and never have been, to include the NFL. I never saw the kneeling as unpatriotic but rather of using a platform to bring attention to something most would rather ignore. I'm also a veteran and the veteran's organizations who are condemning the NFL players' protests shock me. Why? Because protesting is enshrined in our Republic and expressing yourself is protected by the First Amendment - the things we joined to preserve.
https://nyti.ms/2GMnT7O

Comments

Larry Maxwell said…
yea but free speech goes away in private usually in the form of some dubious contractual 'conduct clause.' Yay capitalism!
Bob Lai said…
Patriotism by mandate isn't patriotism.
Salvador Melo said…
And the teams are still allowed to protest, if only by refusing to take the first until after the anthem.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.