I am woefully behind on going through requests for entry into this community leaving a list of people to get in here...

I am woefully behind on going through requests for entry into this community leaving a list of people to get in here about a mile long. Now, as usual, I let in about a tenth of the people who applied (see the post on what I look for below) and therefore a lot of people just don't make the cut. So far this morning, after going through 5-6 pages of applicants, I only let in about 5 people. There was one I took a chance on (congratulations Artistic Witch) and one I accidentally hit "no" on (sorry, guy whose name I don't recall) and then there are a couple of of others whom I'm torn about. Both (barely) meet the qualifications, but they do meet them, however one is looking for love in all the wrong places (all his posts are about meeting bikers into "leather" so they can go riding and have sex) and one is a devout racist.

Now, I typically don't care about those things in regards to this community because this community is social-awareness agnostic (hell, one guy I let in this morning I disagree with him on nearly all his posts) as far as I'm concerned, but I do have concerns about repeated posting about the one thing (https://plus.google.com/112104275186381800029) and racism pisses me off (https://plus.google.com/113446870697648760760).

So, I'll leave it up to the jury pool on these two. I follow and am followed by plenty of gay people and I don't have a problem with it, but like I said, all his posts are just trolling for sex, much like the many many "women" accounts asking for people to contact them so they can flirt/hookup when what they're really doing is collecting emails or trying to convince lonely guys to pay for further access. Yes, we get a lot of those applicants here.

Comments

I'd leave both those two out. When in doubt, leave them out :)
Jason ON said…
Douglas McMillan that's my general philosophy, but like I said, I try to keep this community socially-agnostic. I don't want this to morph into a community where the only people who get in are the ones I "agree" with, you know what I mean? It should be about riding and motorcycles, not politics, religion or other divisive issue. That's what my person stream is for. ;)
Jason ON You're absolutely right ... it's all cool unless they post something in their usual vein. Perhaps a probation? Well, really everyone is always on probation anyway, or damn close to it.
Your judgement seems to be pretty good to this point...yet again, riff-raff such as myself also made it in.

😄
Jason ON said…
Kenneth Thompson that's because I have a soft spot for old guys with no teef.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.