Yep.

Yep.

I asked for a public defender once and was told I had to be indigent in order to qualify. When I told the judge I'd been unemployed for nearly two years and consequently lost my house (thanks, Bush) he said something along the lines of, but your clothes are clean. As though clean clothes meant I wasn't fucking broke.

Originally shared by Ole Olson

John Oliver exposes how handicapping Public Defenders causes horrific injustice in America

The Miranda warning includes the right to a public defender. It doesn’t include the fact that public defenders are highly overworked and grossly underpaid.
__
This is another element that contributes to the misery and suffering in America from having the worst incarceration rate in the entire world. Literally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkEzLuzmZ4&feature=youtu.be

Comments

Huh.. funny really. U might as well get a monkey from the zoo.
I might hire a clown at least they're entertaining
Jason ON said…
That would be funny, actually: "Bobo the Clown, ESQ, standing for the defense, you're honor."

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.