How often do you use the Explore tab or search by hashtag?

How often do you use the Explore tab or search by hashtag?

I sometimes forget it's over there and used it today to see the reactions people had to Stephen Colbert's Late Show debut. Surprisingly, there are a lot of people/entities posting to Google+ that don't seem to have a following which made me think about my own personal G+bubble. Although I've tried to keep the people I circle as diverse as possible, I've fallen into a bubble of my own making where I've forgotten that G+ doesn't just consist of my Circles.

[image found via Google Image Search from here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/calsidyrose/4925267732]

Comments

Dan Eastwood said…
I use it occasionally.
Not often, but I do some times. If I find a post I want to know more about. I'll use hashtags to find similar posts.
Michael Meyer said…
i think i may start now
Shannon Ware said…
Every social network has the problem of self-editing, where you end up only hearing from people 'like you'. Some techies have accused facebook and Google search of doing it on purpose.

I appreciate the 'hot and recommended' for throwing inflamatory counter-opinions at me, to a certain degree. The trending hash tags are what informed me that it was productive to search by hashtag. I found out what was going on in Malaysia by searching the hashtag that I saw.

Not just Google+, but often great Google products are out there, and people won't know about them or know how to use them properly, because they are not reading Google's blog. So for you and me, there is the chance to make a meal by showing people how to do it right.

Now I am going to go search for Late Show vids. Thanks!

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.