My first PC was an Amiga.

My first PC was an Amiga.

It’ll cost about $1.5 to 2 million to replace the Amiga, but it works. For the moment.

Originally shared by Peter Vogel

Terrific story about a Commodore Amiga and the 19 schools for which it maintains heating and cooling.

It will cost $1.5-2 million to replace but for now it's still working, thanks to the former high school student who programmed it all those years ago and is the only one who knows how to perform fixes.

http://www.geek.com/news/commodore-amiga-computer-has-been-running-the-acheat-in-19-schools-for-30-years-1625147/
http://www.geek.com/news/commodore-amiga-computer-has-been-running-the-acheat-in-19-schools-for-30-years-1625147

Comments

Tom McGill said…
I was too poor for an Amiga, but did I did build my first 486 SX33 which I dropped a pentium overdrive 100mHz in!
Shannon Ware said…
Actually a really great computer. Someone* should crowd fund a 21st century open source successor. Hint, hint.

*By which I mean graduate students in computer science.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.