Internet here (Comcast) is so slow I can barely load a web page much less stream music while I get some work done.

Internet here (Comcast) is so slow I can barely load a web page much less stream music while I get some work done. Google services are almost useless with these slow speeds (about 1mb/dn, 2mb/up) and yet, this may be better than +centurylink at home which has been in and out recently. More out than in.

This is why we need more competition. Here, we have two options: Comcast or CenturyLink. Everyone else is just resellers of those two, aside from mobile.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/4439965391.png

Comments

Antoine O said…
I think you can do better with a dialup modem :P
#brrrrrrrcruicruiuituitutittiutdiongzgnongzongzgzz
Dave Maez said…
More competition, or making it a public utility like Chattanooga did: http://money.cnn.com/2014/05/20/technology/innovation/chattanooga-internet/
Lionel HILAIRE said…
What kind of connexion is it (fiber, xDSL, cable...) ?
I can not understand how they can provide you an asymetric connexion with 7 times more in upload than download. This makes sense for a server (or eventually on mobile connexion due to the technical means underneath), but not for a home connexion... It should be reversed...
Jason ON said…
Yes, Laura Manach, I am. :P

Lionel HILAIRE, it's cable. I'm not sure on the current technology Comcast is using.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.