I just had a discussion on someone else's post about bokeh.

I just had a discussion on someone else's post about bokeh. It seems the popular consensus is that any out of focus, or blurry, portion of the image is considered to be the bokeh effect.

That's wrong. 

In order to truly be cnosidered bokeh, certain criteria need to be met. This article explains it very well. 

So, what's your opinion? Are you fast and loose with the term or are you an adherent to the true definition of bokeh?
http://www.imaging-resource.com/news/2013/09/11/understanding-bokeh-the-art-and-science-behind-the-beauty-of-blur-part-1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.