Went to buy a Note II from T-Mobile today.

Went to buy a Note II from T-Mobile today. First I went to a reseller (Costco) and they didn't have any. Oddly, they had brand spanking new Note's there for $99 with a 2-year.

Next I went to my local T-Mobile store where I usually have good service. The guy who came over to help me annoyed me more than anything and then I was told I would have to buy a more expensive plan (I'm still grandfathered in on a old MyFaves plan), or buy a "Value" plan and pay a lease on the phone for 20 months making the phone more expensive in the long run. 

Plus he was really annoying. 

I told him no bueno and left. 

Seriously, T-Mobile! I had to convince myself to stay with you guys and then you go an annoy me.

Comments

T-Mobile said…
We don't want to frustrate you, in order to take advantage of certain promotions and deals, you may need to change to a qualifying rate plan. ^AS
Jason ON said…
I figured that, T-Mobile... I also figured there was one relatively close in monthly fees to what I am paying, but the guy irritated me so much I didn't even want to discuss it with him.
Melina M said…
I'll second the in-store customer service disappointment with T-Mobile.  I haven't had many great experiences in the brick and mortar locations, but I stay with you guys because I love your plans and options, and you've always given me first class service online and on the phone.
Jason ON said…
Afterwards I dialed 611 and wrangled with their phone-tree until I just decided to hangup since I wasn't getting anywhere.
Just Plumbing said…
Could be worse. You could be with Verizon. The last carrier in the UNIVERSE to have the Note 2. Still waiting....
Jason ON said…
Called 611 and spoke with a nice woman about the PIA experience I had today. She explained everything to me and I have a shiny new Note II coming to me via UPS. Should be here mid-next week. So excited.
Stan Showalter said…
Have you considered buying an unlocked Nexus 4 directly from Google? Only $199(8gb) to $249(16gb) and no contract commitment. Although you will have to wait a few more week until they are back in stock.
Jason ON said…
I did, Stan. And had it been available right away, I might have.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.