Just came out of a fastfood joint where I was NaNoWriMo'ing and as I headed to the car a kid in front of me threw...

Just came out of a fastfood joint where I was NaNoWriMo'ing and as I headed to the car a kid in front of me threw his milkshake across the parking lot.

I walked over and picked it up, walked it back over to the adult driver and told him one of the kids 'dropped' this, as I handed it to him.

He thanked me and asked which kid. I told him I didn't notice and he handed it to his wife who was getting in the passenger side. She looked at me and I clarified, "By dropped I mean threw it across the lot. I don't like littering."

I expected the parents to go off on me, but they started yelling at their kids. I heard one say he was done with it and the father replied, "then you throw it in a garbage can!"

The kid ran over and tossed it in a can. Both parents thanked me.

Totally unexpected.

Comments

Alan Gerow said…
Most parents want to raise good children. Having been a child, children are really good at working in parents' blind spots. So, I can see why they'd thank you, and discipline their kid.
Jason ON said…
Either that, Colleen Hund, or he'll rebel against his parents by littering even more.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.