Yes.

Yes.

Originally shared by David Dickens

Unbalanced bitter is boring.
I prefer my chocolate dark, my coffee black, and my beer with a bite, but the recent excesses are ruining these staple products. Folks seem to have burned out their palates looking for an ever greater bitter-fix. (It reminds me of the obsession with ever hotter peppers.) I'm not sure what gave rise to this vaguely masochistic culinary trend. Perhaps it has been the decades long obsession with overly sweet everything else. It seems like my fellow consumers can't taste anything unless they are being punched in the face by some flavor.
http://www.slate.com/articles/life/drink/2013/05/hoppy_beer_is_awful_or_at_least_its_bitterness_is_ruining_craft_beer_s_reputation.single.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.