Last night a friend and I were talking about IoT and the problems associated with it.

Last night a friend and I were talking about IoT and the problems associated with it. Specifically we were talking about the added cost of your washing machine calling in it's own maintenance or your refrigerator ordering food without your consent.

While security was brought up, we didn't discuss it in this depth nor were we aware of the lack of oversight in IoT connected devices.

via Ciro Villa​

Originally shared by Ars Technica

When using this search engine, scary results are intentional.
http://arstechnica.com/security/2016/01/how-to-search-the-internet-of-things-for-photos-of-sleeping-babies/

Comments

Aaah, Shodan. Yeah, you can turn up a lot of disturbing info through them..
David Simmons said…
That is just the tip of the iceberg. Those that have password are set to a default password.
A national security company installed security cameras at my church. Before they had finished installing I connected to the cameras using the default password. After they finished I asked about what will the new password will be, the response was "All our systems use the default and we don't change it so it can be monitored from the call center".
And we can skip taking about the war driving for 2.4 MHz nanny cams.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.