Well, that was odd.

Well, that was odd.

While driving home I came upon a traffic slowdown in a place where there's not normally a traffic slowdown. Not unless there's flooding or snow or something. It's a six lane road (three each way) and I was in the far left lane since my next turn was a left. 

In the middle lane I notice someone on foot. A girl, maybe a teenager; petite, nonetheless. She looked like she was trying to cross the road but not at the traffic signal intersection just 30 feet behind me. I saw her go up to a car and try to get into the driver's door but the car sped off. At that point I was thinking someone left her at a nearby store and she was trying to get in, recalling my childhood when my mom drove off in a parking lot because I wouldn't leave.

When she couldn't get into the car she went to the next one, a silver sedan, in the center lane. She tried the passenger door but the silver sedan (Mercedes? Lexus?) sped off. By this time I was passing the silver car myself and the last I saw of the girl she was trying to get into a black SUV (4Runner?) behind the silver sedan.

Now I wondered if she was being pursued or in distress so I called the police. They put me on hold and I took that opportunity to turn, go around the block and drive back to the area I saw her last. When the dispatcher finally came back I told him what I'd seen, that I'd turned around and that I could no longer see her anywhere. 

I don't know if she finally found her ride, ran into a nearby 7-11 or wondered off into the neighborhood nearby. I can't recall seeing anyone chasing her, so I don't know if she was in distress or merely agitated and acting irrationally.

Like I said - odd.

Comments

Sash Walker said…
Wow! Weird. Maybe on drugs?
Jason ON said…
I don't know. I just hope I don't see her on the news later.
Jason ON said…
I don't think so...

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.