Although it's supposed to rain, I walked to the gym like I always do.

Although it's supposed to rain, I walked to the gym like I always do. At one point I have to pass through an alley which isn't too much of an ordeal since it's normally fairly well lit.

My walk is usually boring but not tonight. Tonight I came upon this little terrier tied to a fence. When I saw him he yapped at me and as I drew closer he growled.

Apparently he didn't care for strangers.

I didn't see a tag on him, and since he wouldn't let me come nearer I decided to check a nearby pet store, wondering why the dogs owner didn't take him in. But the store had already closed.

Actually, aside from the gym and the Dollar Store, everything was closed.

Okay.

So, being the dog friendly person I am I waited with the dog that kept growling at me. And waited. And waited some more.

Finally I heard some people coming out of the back door of the pet store so I followed the voices wondering if someone abandoned the dog near a place that constantly has "Lost Pet" notices in their window.

That's when the dog became excited. I turned around to see a man coming towards it. He walked right up, untied the leash and walked off without saying a word to either me or the dog.

I've been known to leave Rufus tied up outside of a store for a few minutes while I ran inside, but I've only done it where I can see him from the windows and I always keep it short. I don't need some good Samaritan like myself walking off with my dog. But I never leave him tied up and unattended while I go shopping in a store a hundred feet away around a corner.

Comments

Don Johnson said…
Was the dude Vietnamese?
Steve Johnson said…
Poor little guy. I suppose he's used to it.
Stacy Sanchez said…
I would've called the police, a non-emergency number and ask for animal control to report the abandoned dog. Then, I would've walked away. As long as it wasn't freezing or anything.
Jason ON said…
Don Johnson​, nope.

Steve Johnson​, probably. Aside from, what I hope was, shivering he seemed fine. I was tempted to take him home and put up signs tomorrow.

Stacy Sanchez​, I was tempted to, especially if I left the gym and he was still there but with a state park and lots of coyotes in the area I didn't want to let him sit there for hours.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.