For those of who remember, last August my aunt Shari died suddenly from .

For those of who remember, last August my aunt Shari died suddenly from ... well, just about everything. Her rheumatoid arthritis was cutting off circulation to her limbs, her kidneys were failing and she was diagnosed with lung cancer while in the hospital for something else.

Any who, today is her birthday. The first one we have without her in my lifetime. And, on a whim, I watched Jersey Boys. The song Sherry was prominent in the film.

I don't know, sometimes the universe just arranges things.

Comments

Melissa Beagle said…
Sometimes we may have a handle on our grief, but then we are diverted off track by a particularly poignant memory. After the tears clear, I look for the happiness in the memory, to celebrate life. It helps somehow.

Happy Birthday to your Auntie Jason ON​​.
Jason ON said…
There are no tears, Melissa Beagle​. Shari was sick. The universe gave her a bad batch of DNA. Her death was expected.

This post was more about the randomness of things and they sometimes relate to each other.
Sash Walker said…
It's amazing how much makes sense the older one becomes. I spent so many years missing my Dad, feeling so cheated, until I realized he left me with everything I needed. 
I realize it was his life, his time, and his journey. Once I could let go and accept, so many things made so much sense. 
That's when I could step into my own journey.
Jason ON said…
As is the natural order of things, Sash Walker.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.