I see this all the time as well.

I see this all the time as well. More often I see obviously English As A Second Language writers being shouted down for their lack of proper English. It's embarrassing as an American knowing these people are representing all Americans online.

Originally shared by Carl Hamlin

Here on G+, I subscribe to a number of communities that attract participants from all over the world. This is a wonderful and enriching experience for me, most of the time.

However. Occasionally someone will post something in German, Portuguese, Tagalog, etc... and the same asshole comment shows up:

"This is America, please post in English."

Much as I'd like to blame it on one particular individual and close the case on that poor motherfucker, unfortunately it's always a different dipshit making the comment.

So. Dear ignorant commentators: Please realize that the Internet exists damned near across the entire globe, rather than being a phenomenon limited to your own vermin-infested living room, and that if you subscribe to communities not specifically limited to frontal lobotomy recipients and/or reality TV viewers, you might be called upon to force a second language into the arguably limited space between your inbred ears in order to understand some of the conversations.

Also: be quick about it, please - I'd hate to have to unleash the rabid ferrets; they haven't tasted redneck gonads in a few days, and they're becoming quite restless.

Thank you!

Comments

Rob Thijssen said…
Lol! Very well said. To be fair though, most of us in the tiny corners of the planet that are not America, have skin thick enough to deal with a little ignorance. Also, you guys don't have a monopoly on redneckery. We have wankers in Europe too. :)

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.