No Good Deed Photographer Style

Yesterday I was going through my SD card on my camera, trying to decide what to keep and what to toss. It's a 32gig card and I was using about 29gigs of space.

I ran across some pictures I'd forgotten about taking back in August. They were just a handful of random shots of my nephew whom I've only met twice since he lives in Florida with my sister.

None of them are special. They're practically on par with mobile phone quality. But, I picked the best 5 or so, edited them up, and emailed them to my sister so she could have some pictures of her kid.

Yay! Good uncle, right? Not quite.

Last night I get what can only be described as drunk texts from my sister asking where the pictures are of her boyfriend's kid who happened to be with them that day. I'd already explained to her that I only took a handful of pictures and was sending her the better ones.  And let's face it, this is the longest relationship she's been in. How was I supposed to know she would still be with the guy after 6 (more) months?

As I explained to her, the boyfriend's kid was in the background of at least one of the images and the only true photo I took of him has her son in the background. We weren't doing portrait shots or anything. In fact, she didn't even ask the kids to stand still to get their pictures taken much less pose. And now she wants to complain that she didn't get the picture she'd like to have?

If anyone wonders why I don't spend more time with my family, this sort of behavior would be it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.