Via Florian Rohrweck

Via Florian Rohrweck



Originally shared by Kevin Bourrillion

Amazing: this dude, who is 100% straight and even considered himself fairly homophobic, decides to come out as gay to everyone he knows, and live that way for a year so he can write a book about what his experience was like.

This part in particular blew my mind:

When I came out as gay, I was going into the closet as a straight man, and the repression and isolation I experienced was crushing. The combination of knowing I had to constantly hide my true attractions and orientation, with the reality that I couldn't even hope for the possibility of having a relationship, was overwhelming. And what I went through is NOTHING compared to the experience of the average gay and lesbian. They were never able to say "only 12 or eight or six more months of this before I get to be me again."

Wow. Brilliant.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-elerick/jesus-in-drag-straight-christians-comes-out-for-book_b_1569051.html?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-elerick/jesus-in-drag-straight-christians-comes-out-for-book_b_1569051.html

Comments

Steve Sakamoto said…
I can't wait to read this. What a champ!
Steve Sakamoto said…
If I'm reading that comment correctly, then do us both a favor and block me now, George Salgueiro, since I also share posts highlighting depressingly mindless hatred and intolerance, which seems to be your thing.

Unless I'm reason your post incorrectly, which seems difficult to imagine. If that's the case, I wholly apologize for leaping to conclusions, and to the defense of human rights.
Jason ON said…
Yeah, I don't get it: unfollow who?
Jason ON said…
How in the universes is this poost about hate speech? Can someone explain that to me?
Jason ON said…
Either he deleted or blocked me because his posts are gone now.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.