As much as I want to argue the counterpoint to this article, I have to agree: if the dog is physically okay and not...

As much as I want to argue the counterpoint to this article, I have to agree: if the dog is physically okay and not scared sh!tless from the ocean and as long as the owner keeps an eye on the dog to make sure s/he continues to be okay with surfing, why not?

Canine is man's best friend because canine has traditionally done what Man has done whether it be herding, hunting, exploring or dragging. Why should surfing be any different?

The G+ DogPark 

Originally shared by Ian Smith

Surfing Dog. http://news.discovery.com/animals/dogs-surfing-120621.html
http://news.discovery.com/animals/dogs-surfing-120621.html

Comments

Rugger Ducky said…
I have had the pleasure of knowing several surfing dogs. Lots of dogs adore the water.
The G+ DogPark said…
Jason ON Totally agree with you.  With something like surfing - it'd be impossible to teach a dog to perform unless it enjoyed it/or if it feared water.  Um... - wouldn't it be the same for humans.  Has anyone met a human surfer who didn't love the waves or is terrified of water? :o)
Rick Anderson said…
I have a couple pics from some surfer dogs in SoCal a couple weekends ago.  I will find them and post it.  The dogs seemed to be fine with it...

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.