There is no other way to verify this story since it is a personal account but I have to ask: was she a feminist...

There is no other way to verify this story since it is a personal account but I have to ask: was she a feminist before or after relocating to Afghanistan with her liar of an ex-husband. Would she have been a feminist, studying and teaching women's studies, had she not gone through the ordeal she went through?

Chicken and egg, I think. Only she knows for sure.

More:
http://mobile.news.com.au/entertainment/books/my-life-of-hell-in-an-afghan-harem-phyllis-chesler/story-fn9412vp-1226724821753
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2429037/Phyllis-Chesler-Writer-72-recalls-months-spent-young-bride-imprisoned-Afghan-compound-finally-escaped.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Comments

John Hardy said…
Glad she got away safely. I can't help feeling that the story leaves a lot out.
Jason ON said…
That was my original thought, too.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.