It's been a While

I know, it's been a while, right? The summer came (and went) and I didn't post a damn thing on this blog. For that, I'm sorry. It was never my intention to ignore this blog these past six months, but I have and there's no one to blame but myself. The truth of the matter is, I didn't ride this summer. As not a single one of you already knows my bike (the unstoppable SV1000s) has had some electrical issues.
  • First I thought it might be the battery, but after a quick check the battery was fine.
  • Then, after being checked by the guys at TFOG, I was told the regulator/rectifier wasn't doing it's job and therefore the batter wasn't getting the charge it deserved. So, I bought a new one and installed it, charged the batter up and took off for a ride. I made it nearly a couple of hours before the bike started having trouble starting again, the lights dimmed and the turn signals stopped working at all. I headed home quickly.
  • After that I had no choice but to think it's the stator. Although I don't seem to have the "grinding noise" that seems to be prevalent in the SV's stator when they go out, I have no other options about what the problem is on this bike.
However a stator costs money, much more money than a R/R and that kind of money is something I don't have on hand at the moment. Ironically, had the bike been running then the money I saved on not putting gas in my truck all summer long might have bought a new stator.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.