There are not enough words in the English language to explain how incredibly frustrating it is trying to create a...

There are not enough words in the English language to explain how incredibly frustrating it is trying to create a map in Google Maps. The whole effort is entirely too counter-intuitive and buggy.

I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

I thought Google would have fixed some of their issues with that new Mapmaker thing but that's even more annoying than regular Google Maps.

All I want to do is create a friggin route on a Google Map. Just highlight a friggin route for people to follow. But noooooo...! Creating a line on the screen? Easy. Panning the screen while creating a line? Not easy. Panning the screen while creating a line and then changing the route (such as taking a right or a left) and then suddenly the lines are all over the friggin place and there's no way to un-spaghetti the lines and put them back on track. 

Instead you have create the lines in individual segments, saving each one separate, thus adding unnecessary steps to every single segment, when all I want to do is create a simple route.

I screamed at Google Maps. I yelled. I nearly sent my laptop through a window because of how frustrating it is to use Google Maps. And it's like this each and every single time I use it for this purpose which makes me less likely to use it in the future.

Truth be told, I slammed my laptop down in frustration so hard I dented the metal case. Let that sink it: Metal. Case.

Google Maps, I really, really, really friggin hate you.

Comments

Stacy Frazer said…
So, you're saying you don't like it? :)
Bobbi Jo Woods said…
Google Maps pls respond
Jason ON said…
I'm saying the people who work in Maps should actually try using Maps.
Jason ON said…
Was? Warum Deutsch?
Bobbi Jo Woods said…
LOL that's like asking people who work on Google+ to use Google+

Good luck!
Juan M said…
I agree! Lately its been more frustrating than helpful to use +Google Maps, and the app version is even less friendly to use...
Lol even just getting directions on the new Google maps app was a little confusing at first.
Sash Walker said…
I know Steve Johnson does all of this for us, but I've tried to use it from time to time and I have very little luck. :(
David Lauritz said…
AMEN to that! 
Drawing a simple line is impossible, even more impossible to draw one along roads! 
Fortunately you can still use the classic map...

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.