"_Chickenhawk_" is the appropriate word, I believe.

"_Chickenhawk_" is the appropriate word, I believe.

After #DonaldTrump had been elected and began noting who he wanted in his cabinet I commented on a post by Marla Caldwell (whom I haven't seen in a while - is she okay?) that he was choosing so many military leaders for those seats because he wanted to project the image of strength and capability.

Turns out, I'm not the only one who noticed his habit of surrounding himself with symbols of power and strength. You know, much like third world despots who dress in military attire and wear awards they didn't win or who give themselves titles of "General" or "Commander" without ever setting a boot in the service.

Originally shared by The Atlantic

Donald Trump's Telling Change to the Oval Office http://trib.al/h2PgPSQ
http://trib.al/h2PgPSQ

Comments

Bob Lai said…
Frankly, I'm surprised the room wasn't done over in faux gold leaf.
I checked on Marla the other day. Told she was taking a break.
John Bump said…
Bob Lai: since we're paying his decorating bills now, I'm surprised he didn't do it in actual gold leaf, with tear-away tabs so he could take it all with him when he leaves.
Jason ON said…
Bob Lai, me too. I fully expected it to be gaudy.

J Stone, I sent her the a couple of messages but she didn't reply. Hopefully that's all it is, a break.

John Bump, point.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.