I have to finish packing the truck up then I'm heading north to south east Wyoming where Rufus and I will experience...

I have to finish packing the truck up then I'm heading north to south east Wyoming where Rufus and I will experience this. I am taking cameras but with only two and half minutes of totality I don't known if I'm going to try and shoot it, especially since, in Wyoming, it will be nearly straight up. Totality is supposed to hit at 11:24AM.
https://www.space.com/37884-what-to-look-for-during-solar-eclipse.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social#?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=2016twitterdlvrit

Comments

Chris Kim A said…
Safe travels! I don't have any of the right camera lenses or lens protection for any direct shots, so I'll probably be enjoying the fruits of others' more capable photographic equipment.

At least I've got my glasses. Although it's very cool to see the Moon moving across the disk of the Sun, once it's completely covered, you don't need the glasses, so maybe I'll give a shot at trying to get a shot.

It's going to be 2-1/2 minutes here, too, but in my front yard in the middle-of-the-middle, which is great that it'll be directly overhead (more or less) since I'm surrounded by trees and houses.
MTD said…
We altered our plans and going up I-76 to Nebraska to Bridgeport/Alliance area, instead of Wyoming, to avoid the cluster of traffic on I-25, especially coming back.
Chris Kim A said…
I'm only missing 10-15 seconds of totality by not going anywhere. Happy to not have to deal with crossing the Missouri River on the only bridge for 40 miles in either direction.
MTD said…
In 1979, I went with my father to Montana to a little town in the middle of nowhere and watched the last total eclipse. This time, it's me with my daughter doing the same thing. Bonus, I'm out of work an extra day =P
Chris Kim A said…
Excellent family tradition! :D
Jason ON said…
Traffic going up was a piece of cake. Coming back I was ready to commit mass murder.
plus.google.com - If you didn't notice, I was away yesterday. Drove up to Wyoming to see the e...

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.