Was out walking the dogs when I saw this group of people standing next to the water, all of them looking at their...


Was out walking the dogs when I saw this group of people standing next to the water, all of them looking at their phones. There are a few you can't see due to the bushes. I grabbed the shot because I thought it was a perfect example of modern culture: all of them hanging around outside on a gorgeous day looking at their phones.

When we came around the bushes (as seen on the right) they all had their right arms up, straight out and anywhere between 90 and 45 degrees.

With all the controversy happening in Charlottesville right now I couldn't help but say, "You know, they're having a rally just like this in Charlottesville." A couple of people turned to look at me and one even smiled. "You know," I said, "a bunch of white people standing around with their right arms raised in salute?"

That time a few more turned, a couple giving me dirty looks. Then I heard someone ask the group, "Did everyone get their [Pokemon]?

Comments

MTD said…
Was either Pokemon or Ingress.
Jason ON said…
Rob Andersen it was totally Pokemon. They named the one they were there to catch, I just can't remember the name of it.
MTD said…
I stopped playing Pokemon about 3 to 4 months ago.
MTD said…
But I do still play Ingress from time to time
Yeah, people say some weird stuff when they see 15 people standing on the corner staring at their phone.

Yeah, I play.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.