Five year old neighbor-girl caught me outside and after some discussion about my favorite foods, she told me goblins...


Five year old neighbor-girl caught me outside and after some discussion about my favorite foods, she told me goblins were nearby. I asked, "How big are they?"

She spread her hands about a foot and a half apart. "Oh, that's good," I said. "How big are their teeth?"

She put her fingers about two inches apart. "Whoa, those are big teeth. I bet they hurt." She nodded. "You know, I was attacked my a goblin once." Her eyes went wide. "I was slightly older than you and I went to get out of bed and it grabbed my leg." Her eyes went wider. "Yeah, you can feel my scar from where it bit me," I said and pointed at a scar on my leg.

Fear was evident on her face. "Is that a true story," she asked me quietly.

"True enough," I replied.

"Is that a real story?"

"Okay," I admitted, "I made part of it up. I got the scar when I was twenty-one."

She looked at me then turned defiant, "Well, my goblins are nicer!"

Okay, then.

That's when her father called her in. I told her not to feed her goblins after midnight.

I told my friend this story right after it happened and she said I was mean. I couldn't stop laughing.

[image not related]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.