I once had a friend who kept Ranger memorabilia around his house so he could "prove" he served in the Rangers.

I once had a friend who kept Ranger memorabilia around his house so he could "prove" he served in the Rangers. He didn't. He admitted as such when I started asking him questions about units, missions and people he served with.

It baffles me when people exaggerate their accomplishments. Or, maybe embellish is the right word. When I tell you I'm awesome, it's because I'm awesome, not out of any misguided attempts to falsely represent myself, but out of that one simple truth. And yet, I've known people, like my former friend above, who tell their stories.
http://nypost.com/2017/08/23/96-year-old-vet-hailed-as-a-d-day-hero-admits-to-being-a-fraud/

Comments

Dave Maez said…
I keep waiting for my old man to be caught for telling people he was a SEAL. Apparently his own dignified service in the Navy wasn't enough for him. :-( Hopefully Don Shipley will bust him eventually.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.