As previously surmised, Google's new messaging apps will not replace Hangouts.

As previously surmised, Google's new messaging apps will not replace Hangouts. At least per this most recent claim. Of course, I think we heard recently that Allo and Duo would be mobile-centric while Hangouts became tailored for browser.

In reality, we won't know until the new apps are made available and then 12 months later when Google decides the fate of their messaging apps.

Note: I'm being facetious with the "12 months." We all know Google loves pulling the plug on popular apps, even when they're young.
http://www.androidheadlines.com/2016/07/report-allo-isnt-replacing-google-hangouts-in-android-7-0.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.