Read this article last night about the founding of the city of Aurora, CO.


Read this article last night about the founding of the city of Aurora, CO. Apparently, the original settlement was called "Fletcher" which was abandoned by the town's founder after the Silver Crash of -1893- 1983.

I took a screen grab just in case they change it after I contacted them with the discrepancy.

http://www.9news.com/mb/life/style/colorado-guide/9neighborhoods-the-transformation-of-original-aurora/279199040

Comments

John Bump said…
Heh, I can't remember if there was a silver crash in 1983, when the Hunt brothers were screwing around with the silver market, but it sure wasn't a very large one. Interesting to me that the town, with no mining, was so silver-dependent in 1893. Maybe they had a refinery that was a major employer? Nobody was commuting to the mines in those days, or at least not from Aurora.
Steve Ruge said…
LOL yes 1983 was a rough one...

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.