One Step Backwards for Blogger Kind

For the past couple of years I've been using +Blogger's Dynamic Views. They were clean, simple and for those of us without a hint of coding skill, easy to use. I mean, what the hell, it's a personal blog, right? No one really cares about what it looks like, they care about content. Or, at least that's how I look at things. Content is king.

Here's a Flower
I'd had problems with Dynamic Views over those years. Sometimes it would take far too long to load a post, my eyes getting tired watching those gears move around and around, to just not loading at all. Recently I posted a blog post and caught a spelling error in it after someone had posted a comment. So, I went to the blogger dashboard, edited the post, hit update and then clicked "View" to see how it looked. The post wouldn't load. The words were there, but I couldn't scroll down and the little loading icon just kept spinning and spinning and spinning.

So, I made a command decision. I decided to leave Dynamic Views for a while and return to a good old template. I had to play around with some settings here and there to get it close to what I wanted and as far as I'm concerned it's good enough. I mean, I'm not running a business here, I'm just writing stuff down.

So far the blog seems to be loading exponentially faster than the Dynamic Views did, which is okay with me. And hopefully, my readers. You know, both of you (and one of you is a 'bot, I'm sure).

Anywho, if you've come across this blog before and wondered why things had changed, well, this is why.

Now back to your regularly scheduled lives.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.