Did you know I occasionally have good thoughts and once in a blue moon I write them down?

Did you know I occasionally have good thoughts and once in a blue moon I write them down?

I'd been toiling around with the idea of putting this blog post together now for quite some time. It seems like every group ride I go on this needs to be reinforced, even with veteran riders.

But let's be fair: nobody really likes rules. Or, at least, nobody likes rules applied to ourselves. Most of us are perfectly happy with making other people adhere to the rules, though. 

However, rules can sometimes save your life. 

For those of us in the northern hemisphere, this could have been a relevant post in March or April, but it's not March or April. Instead it's October (Jeebus! It's October!), so keep this in mind for another time and pass it along to our lower half brethren. Yes, I said "lower half." :P

If you can think of anything I missed or something I should consider, let me know. I have no problem appending this later.

Comments

Dan Michael said…
An excellent brief and post. Spot on!
Curt Carter said…
Jason ON Nice write-up on safety and group riding responsibilities.  We have a pre-ride brief on all Harley Owners Group rides as well.  Everyone should be concerned about safety especially when riding in groups. 

I liked your "Don't Die" and "Don't Crash" briefing points...one we use is "Don't Hit the Person in Front of You".  That one's also common sense but still needs to be said.  :-)   ~Curt
Nolan L said…
Print all of that on post cards, I like the "don't hit the person in front of you." Pass them out..... I might get Tasha to, laminate it and keep a few handy on the bike.
Dan Michael said…
Jason ON I'd like to repost this as a guest blog on Daily Bikers with your permission?
Jason ON said…
Have a field day, Dan Michael. ;) Can you attribute it to my ful name?
Dan Michael said…
of course, is it Jason On, or something else?
Sash Walker said…
Jason ON I'm going to ask the same. May I share it in pieces on my Biker Chick Tips page? I love it! And of course, your surly nature always makes me smile. Email the spelling of your last name to me with permission to republish to Sash@TooMuchTina.com please. I may use it elsewhere, but always give you writing credit.
Dan Michael said…
Good plan Sash! Do the same fore mate and I'll get this up soon dailybikers@mail.com
Jason ON said…
I thought I sent you a message yesterday, Dan Michael?
Dan Michael said…
Nope, not by email Jason ON :)
Jason ON said…
I could have sworn I sent you a private PM here on the Plus. Hmm...


https://plus.google.com/107192195569453684660/posts/Rjm6R2HQooL

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.