Whew! Lots of new people to the community tonight. Welcome, guys!

Whew! Lots of new people to the community tonight. Welcome, guys!

You know, every time I sit down to add people I notice two things:

(1) People have nothing about motorcycle riding on their profile pages. No posts, nothing in about, no photos, no nothing. Aside from having a blue ghost for a profile picture, this is the second most surefire way to not get admitted.

It' simple: fill out your About page. "I like motorcycle riding." Done.

(2) There were a number of people who didn't make it this time who are motorcycle riders, who post and who are probably a good fit for the community. However, (there's always a but) it seems like they just go from one motorcycle community to the next posting the same post over and over and over again. I swear, one guy have 15 of the same posts across communities. All he did was share his original post over and over again.

This isn't the Community to dump your stuff that no one else is looking at. Since starting this community, I've curated it specifically to motorcycle riders and social people. That's why we have such great conversations about motorcycle riding.

It's my personal preference to only Circle active people into my stream and I've brought that philosophy over here, as well. 

So, for those of you who didn't make it the cut, fill out your Profiles and re-apply. Of course, I'm not sure if you'll be seeing this, so, for the rest of you, tell your friends to fill out their Profiles and re-apply.

Comments

Arief Himawan said…
I'm from indonesia... thank's for the add jason...
Will Munck said…
The sudden realization at the end that 90% of your intended audiance won't even be able to see this is priceless.
Andre' Jackson said…
I'm from Charleston South Carolina! Thanks for the add Jason.
Lol Will Munck.

Jason ON you've done a fantastic job with this community imo. Thanks :)
And welcome to all the new folks!
bryant myles said…
B. Smooth Checking in from Chi - town! Evening All.
Jason ON said…
Will Munck, I think they can still see the posts, just not actively participate.
Arief Himawan said…
How to actively participate.... becauce to far away to see you guys😆...
Jason ON said…
Arief Himawan, post content people want to talk about. See if any other members are close to you. Meetup with them.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.