I've seen this go around for the past day or two and it's annoying me.


I've seen this go around for the past day or two and it's annoying me. Let me be clear, introverts aren't loners. We're not sad animal hoarders and we're not reclusives.

To be introvert doesn't mean we prefer the company of ourselves over the company of others. I'm really tired of that stereotype. We're just as social as anyone else, based on a wide assortment of conditions.

Are we okay being alone? More than extroverts, sure. It's because we're more comfortable in our own heads. Being an introvert means we think things through. We don't "discuss" ideas and concepts to get a consensus, we don't have to hear the sound of our voices just to have something make sense and we don't have to fill the uncomfortable silence with words.

We're people. We have friends, we go out to restaurants and bars, we take out children on play dates and we socialize. We just don't socialize the same way extroverts socialize.

Many of you (locals) have met me. I'm an introvert according to the MBTI and yet I'm loud and obnoxious, occasionally funny and not at all worried about making a fool of myself. 

Remember, it's not whether introverts are social, it's how we are social.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-practice/201302/4-social-tips-introverts

Originally shared by Mara Mascaro (Phiria)

The introvert's heart
by Gemma Correll
http://www.gemmacorrell.com/

Comments

Sounds like we'd get along just fine.
Jason ON said…
Of course we would, I'm awesome. ;)
Ginger Grant said…
My hubby, son and daughter are all introverts and I'm an extrovert.... It's interesting.... My biggest frustration is how everyone thinks they are either, shy, a snob or anti-social & that's not it at all! We all have to deal with stereotypes of one sort or another... I'm the "crazy artist" in the family & I want to do EVERYTHING! Lol, we accept our differences :p
Michael Meyer said…
I can understand and be either way at will but if I am depressed or sick then I am drawn towards introvert.
Jason ON said…
I think you fail to understand my point, Michael Meyer. Being an introvert isn't a mood, it's how your mind functions.

Introverts internalize thoughts while extroverts verbalize them. It's not something you turn on or off, it's how you communicate.
Michael Meyer said…
Jason ON yes I get it. I have written NC programs for 20+ years and write work instructions I do a lot of internalized thinking, as do most people who write in all these forms on G+  but, waite? when we write we are now being an extrovert with our internalized thoughts...... LoL  you can act anyway you want but thinking by itself is internalized for everyone. But, yes some people have to display there thoughts as they go through them and other can sit quietly and stew? it at best is an intangible concept introvert and extrovert. it is more a behavior?

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.