After 10 hours on the charger last night my cell phone, a OnePlus 1, decided it only wanted to charge to about 38%.

After 10 hours on the charger last night my cell phone, a OnePlus 1, decided it only wanted to charge to about 38%. I have to wonder if that is why my phone wasn't holding a charge all day anymore and I just didn't notice, when taking the phone off the charger, that it wasn't completely 100% charged. Or, maybe, it was and it was just discharging far too quickly because it's old (electronically speaking, of course).

So, I used the Google and found a DIY battery replacement for the One+1. Following trends in the cellphone design, the One+1 uses a non-removable battery.

It would be so much easier to have a replaceable battery, and have a spare on hand for those longer than average days away from a charger, or while traveling, where it can be swapped out as needed.

Since my One+1 is still relevant - that is to say, it's not obsolete - I decided to buy a $15 bettery on eBay and replace it myself. Order the replacement today and with luck it will be here by the end of the month. If not, the estimated arrival time is mid July. That will be inconvenient, but what do you do? It's not like they sell them on every corner. In fact, all suppliers I researched have to ship from Hong Kong.
https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/OnePlus+One+Battery+Replacement/30417

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.