Powerful stories here.

Powerful stories here. We never had anything nice or new. I remember once my mom said, "I have $50 for Christmas between you and your brother. What do you want?"

I answered that I'd seen an Atari on sale for $50. The Nintendo64 had just come out.

Bikes, clothes, furniture, just about everything else was hand-me-downs.

Originally shared by Irreverent Monk

What was the old saying? Judge not lest ye be judged?
http://www.tickld.com/x/if-someone-ever-complains-about-welfare-collectors

Comments

Yes yes yes.. but people may not have always been on welfare.
Some of them did live in houses and wear clothing before hard times....
Gwenny Todd said…
I had a stroke. I get food stamps while I am waiting for my disability hearing. My son, who supports me from another state bought me a tablet and a phone and pays the bill. Stuff it, haters.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.