I'm reminded of a friend of mine who, a few years ago, used to take his ATV to a state park because the rules were a...


I'm reminded of a friend of mine who, a few years ago, used to take his ATV to a state park because the rules were a little more relaxed there. As he put it, "No one makes you stay on the trails. You can ride all over the place, down to the lake, gear up the mud ..." etc.

After a couple of years he stopped going. I asked him why and he said there were too many rules now. He had to keep his ATV on the paths and couldn't go 'off road.'

He never really understood the irony. He was upset because they closed off access to certain activities because of actions he had a direct part in.

A few years after that I took him to Moab with me. He fell in love with it, but I'm not sure he understands there are a lot of rules as to where ATVs and other offroad vehicles can go. But he went and by bought himself a side-by-side anyway ...

Originally shared by The Economist

For a place associated with unrestricted freedom, the desert of the western US has a lot of rules http://econ.st/1drSHwd

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.