*Men negotiate harder than women do and sometimes women get penalized when they do negotiate.

*Men negotiate harder than women do and sometimes women get penalized when they do negotiate. So as part of our recruiting process we don’t negotiate with candidates. *

Is this the best way of ensuring pay equality? By not allowing potential employees to negotiate their compensation packages?



http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2015/04/06/ellen-pao-on-reaction-to-kleiner-case-workplace-sexism-and-running-reddit-qa/

Comments

Sash Walker said…
Yes, I get it. And I agree with you. Just more rules to level the field, instead of encouraging women to become better negotiators. I'm on this whole thought process right now about women berating one another and how it affects our ability to grow as a community. This is a prime example of this. It seems like it would be a good idea, as all "equality" movements do on the outset, but I don't buy into limiting one group to boost another. TRAIN people to become their best selves! Encourage growth! Don't restrict! That's crap.
Jason ON said…
Oh, I'm not arguing with you, Sash Walker, just showing where I came up with the idea for this post.

Obviously, some people consider this a step in the right direction. I believe as you believe, that people should train to be their best selves.
Sash Walker said…
Yes, I knew you were not arguing. This crap of making excuses is pathetic. If you want to level the playing field, step up, not pull others down.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.