Regardless of how bad public defender the defense attorney might have been, the judge was way out of line.

Regardless of how bad public defender the defense attorney might have been, the judge was way out of line. How can anyone in the right mind assume this man is impartial and/or non-intimidating when he threatens a defense attorney and then goes "behind closed doors" with him? There was a fight and only one of them returns to the court room.

This isn't Thunderdome where two men enter and one man leaves, this is supposed to be a land of law and order. 

I don't know anything more about this situation than what's in this article, but if I had a case tried by this man I'd be taking it all the way to the SCotUS.

Originally shared by FLORIDA TODAY

In a Brevard County courtroom Monday morning, a judge challenged an assistant public defender to "go out back and I'll just beat your ass."
Get the details and watch the video here: http://on.flatoday.com/TaEvxq
http://on.flatoday.com/1mL1bgd

Comments

I don't know the whole story either but what I do know is that if the public defender was that bad he should of had him removed from the court.

Personally, if I had the choice, and I don't care how good the judge's record is, I'd have him removed from the bench. Not only did he, at the very least, verbally assault the public defender he also interfered with the defendant's rights for a fair trial / hearing. The judge's actions have effectively, for good or ill, biased any ruling made concerning the defendant's case.

That's my opinionated nickle's worth.
Alice Cabrera I agree neither are innocent but in the court the judge is the law and [s]he can have anyone removed at anytime for any reason, usually does have a good reason though.

I fault the judge because he's the top dog in the court and should've just had him removed and or fined him for contempt of court. In other words, he let it happen so he's responsible.

That being said, the local bar association should, at the very least, bring the public defender under review.
Alice Cabrera I completely agree that both should receive whatever justice they may deserve, be it a slap on the wrist or something harshers.

That being said, I still believe the judge should get the lion's share of reprisal because it was his courtroom and he had plenty of recourse to deal with an unruly PD. The judge created the opportunity for the situation to escalate.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.