As tragic as shooting deaths are, they're really a symptom of mental illness in this country.

As tragic as shooting deaths are, they're really a symptom of mental illness in this country. However, Florida's DCF has allowed at least 477 children to die in the past 6 years due to neglect.

Which is worse? 

Originally shared by Miami Herald

How the Department of Children & Families kept 30 child deaths off the books:
http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/06/01/4151260/how-dcf-kept-30-child-deaths-off.html

Comments

Chris McIntosh said…
I think they are two separate issues.
Any degree of violence can be attributed to mental illness.
Jason ON said…
But, neglect by a service who's sole purpose is to protect isn't a mental illness. Had these people been doing their jobs most of these children probably could have been saved.
Chris McIntosh said…
I was referring to the tie in to gun violence.  I agree, the people were inadequate at providing services.

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.