Just removed myself from about a dozen communities. I feel a little lighter now.

Just removed myself from about a dozen communities. I feel a little lighter now. 

Some of them didn't have new posts for years, apparently abandoned by their creators and others seemed overrun with childish "I'm in a [Product] Community, do you think this product is better than A, B, or C Products?" polls. Or the exact opposite: "I know this is a [Product/service] community, but do you really think it's better than [Competitor A, B and C]?

Most of them, though, seem to be places specially designed for link dumping. I hate link dumping. If you can't figure out why your content isn't getting more discussion, it might be due to your link dumping. I've already unCircled dozens of people for nothing more than dropping links off, I certainly don't need to follow communities that encourage such behavior. 

Link dumping annoys me to no end, if I didn't make that clear. 

/ #rant

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So, I asked Andrew Tamm, who filled my Stream with a hundred (sarcasm there) animated gifs and cat pictures to...

I'm shutting down Google+ for the night and quite possibly for the weekend.